“The best, brightest, hardest working and most relentless lawyer of her generation.”
Client on a multibillion, multijurisdictional dispute.
Hanna is a Global Leader in international arbitration and a Solicitor Advocate in the English Supreme Court. She acts as counsel in arbitrations and litigations, sits as arbitrator and serves as an External Professor. She co-counsels with the best in the business. Hanna previously practised at Freshfields (then the globally #1 ranked practice by Global Arbitration Review), Latham & Watkins and Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan UK. Hanna was educated at Oxford University and Cambridge University.
Hanna has represented some of the world’s largest companies and states under leading seats and rules, including the LCIA, ICC, HKIAC, SCC, UNCITRAL and ICSID. Her omnivorous practice covers most sectors (see the Expertise page).
Professor Roos is passionate about innovation, which is her lead motive in research and life. Her current research interest is leadership and diversity in international arbitration. Hanna takes pride in her innovative approach to the disputes process to ensure no stone is left unturned to identify strategic opportunities.
- “Unsurpassed rockstar lawyer”
- “Hanna is amazing in every way, a real star”
- “She is an excellent advocate and a smart lawyer who is able to grasp complex issues quickly”
- “She is a very strong advocate and arbitrator”
- “A super star in international arbitration.”
- “Hanna has an exceptionally hard work ethic.”
- “She displays great leadership and attention to detail.”
- “She is extremely effective and professional in her approach.”
- “A real star.”
- “A tremendous advocate.”
- Her “exceptional talent is matched by an extraordinary work ethic.”
- “One of the most impressive thinkers of her generation.”
- “Excellent at managing complex, voluminous disputes.”
- “Understands clients’ needs well, and is always extraordinarily well prepared, and addresses complex issues with ease.”
- “Diligent and rigorous, and has a strong understanding of quantum issues.”
- “Very impressive and on the ball when handling arbitrations across various sectors, from energy to life sciences.”
Sources: third party feedback to WWL-GAR 2023, 2022, 2021 and 2020 and International Arbitration Powerlist UK.
- “Her drafting is an absolute tour de force – nuclear weapons grade”. Client in an employment dispute.
- “I have worked with Hanna in two large international arbitrations. She is an exceptionally able and hard-working lawyer, fantastically good at drafting, who is also pleasant to work with. A total star – the best of her generation.” John Ellison, FTI Consulting.
- “Exceptional.” Client on an over USD 300m ICSID dispute.
- “Formidable.” Referral based on performance on the above ICSID dispute.
- “We’ve been delighted and impressed beyond words with [her] creative and intelligent approach […] Hanna is your go-to trusted counsel in its purest sense: you know she will always have your best interests and your back at the core of her focus and advice. She listens and delivers like no-one else we have ever worked with before! You can literally go to war with her – be it in the courtroom or the boardroom. Highly impressive!” Client on a multimillion, multijurisdictional arbitration.
- “Astonishingly skilful international disputes lawyer […] the strongest possible recommendation for technology, investment banking.” A globally leading mid-cap tech investment bank.
- “I’ve worked with or against most of the major international arbitration practices. I can say hands down that Hanna is the best, brightest, hardest working and most relentless lawyer of her generation. Hanna is incredibly clever. She is amazing at formulating and adapting the big picture strategy as well as the day to day evolution of huge, complicated, multi-jurisdictional cases with countless moving parts […] She is absolutely a super star and will no doubt be one of the legendary arbitration practitioners of her generation by the time she is done.” Client on a multibillion, multijurisdictional dispute.
Latest News & Blogs
San Pellegrino for your soul
The unvarnished reality of a young family with two careers, and how to enjoy it. My husband Jonathan and I … Read more
ChatGPT: what is it, and should the legal community embrace it?
See my Kluwer Arbitration Blog here: https://lnkd.in/eiQQjj3V ChatGPT is short for “Chat Generative Pre-Trained Transformer”. It is an artificially intelligent text … Read more
ChatGPT, AI and Arbitration: Are We Approaching a Turning Point?
How could ChatGPT and other AI technologies impact arbitration and dispute resolution? Join Orrick’s Tunde Oyewole, Aavagard LLP’s Hanna Roos and Digital Gate’s Adith … Read more